Comfort Zone

11/03/2016 02:42:00 PM


My family celebrated my brother's birthday recently over a lovely buffet in Sambokojin. We love going back to that place ever since we discovered it. Great food and excellent service are always a priority for us when dining out. I knew I was gonna stuff myself with unlimited salmon sashimi, sukiyaki, tempura, etc, so I went ahead and wore this comfy outfit.

As much as I want to dress up from time to time, I love anything relaxed and fuss-free. I don't want to over-think an outfit. At first glance, I know my ootd isn't really ground-breaking. In fact, I would like to think I look very "chill". I know for sure that my future self would still appreciate this look of mine (if I look back on this some day) because it is pretty timeless and classic. I think that's something I value a lot these days. I just have to keep reminding myself not to completely look like a slob. I need to look like a slob with class, lol! Just kidding, but I hope you get what I mean.

Quick tips on how to look polished without looking like you're trying too hard:
1. Keep in mind your color palette - I chose neutrals and complimentary colors for this look. The tan/caramel color of my cardigan compliments the blue hue of my joggers, my red-brown hair color, and the gray shade of my shirt. You can't go wrong with white sneakers and a black bag as well;
2. A structured bag adds a dose of chic to any relaxed outfit - I found this perfect bag since I needed to replace my old one already. I love how it's so roomy that I can fit my essentials and my DSLR + extra lens in it without it looking so bulky. Very Mary Poppins or Felix the Cat;
3. Minimalism is key - Less is more as they say. Simple designs = less clutter. You only need one point item in your outfit, and have everything else compliment it. In this case, my point item is my Totoro shirt while everything else compliments it.

PS: On a different note, I was pleasantly surprised that my hair was on point when we shot this. Even Kenny was complimenting me for it, lol! I just hope I have more shoots with my hair cooperating with me in the future, haha!

Forever 21 cardigan, Elle Poupee shirt, SM Parisian bag, Uniqlo jogger pants, Stradivarius sneakers  |  Photos by Kenny



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe