How To: My Everyday Makeup Tutorial ft. Banila Co.

3/29/2016 09:19:00 PM


I've been a huge fan of K-beauty since I started watching K-dramas back when I was in grade school. All the more it was amplified when I began following K-style and K-pop in the later years of my high school till college life (SNSD/Girl's Generation, SISTAR, AOA, IU, After School, f(x), and Red Velvet, anyone?) So much so that I've basically centralized my whole makeup and skincare routines around theirs as I personally believe no one knows either any better than the genius minds of the Koreans. Beauty is a way of life for them, not just a fad or a trend to follow, but more like a lifestyle they believe in. Living in the Philippines, I have grown up in a culture that is very much Westernized (heck, my country has been colonized by the Americans for so many years back then, so it's not really surprising that their beauty beliefs have rubbed off on our culture as well). But with my physical attributes, I've realized that the Koreans have the kind of beauty that best fits what I was born and blessed with.

I tried the Westernized style of makeup and as I expected, it didn't suit me at all. I looked not at all like myself, which made me a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I should ask help from an actual MUA for tips on how to get that Westernized beauty look some day. But for now, I'm sticking to what I'm comfortable with. I have to say though, not everything that glitters is gold. I tried a lot of Korean brands that are available here in the local market, and there are a few hits and misses. Luckily, I finally found the brand that I'm happy to say "Here! Take all of my money!" to.

Banila Co. is the #1 Korean beauty brand for Base Makeup. They have multiple award-winning items in their roster as well as wonderful product lines that cater to every skin type out there (their Prime Primer line and Clean it Zero line are great examples to this). And just last year, in line with their 10th anniversary, they decided to expand globally beyond Korea and China. Last November, they finally reached the shores of the Philippines, opening their first store in Glorietta 4. 

I've been using their products for so many months now, and I've never been this happy to find a Korean brand that finally caters to my beauty needs. They're known to have affordable luxury kind of items, but with my purchasing principle nowadays, I am more open to investments worth making. Banila Co. fits right into that category. 

In lieu of this, I've decided to make a simple makeup tutorial on how I do my everyday makeup look. I usually sport this when I feel like I wanna make a little bit more of an effort in looking more presentable for the day, most especially when I know I'm going to take ootd photos for my blog. I'm not yet really skilled enough to experiment beyond what I'm capable of for now, so simple makeup looks that flatter my natural assets are what I flock towards these days. I learned from Banila Co.'s resident makeup artist and celebrity makeup artist, Kim Kang Pil, that Koreans prefer to highlight what natural beauty you already have instead of transforming into someone else. Being the best me that I can be is the one thing I want to portray whenever I wear my makeup for the day. Hopefully, it shows in the video below!




I hope you guys learned a thing or two with the video! Here are some vain photos of how the makeup look looks like for reference. I didn't retouch these except for the lighting, lol.





If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, shoot me an email, or catch me on my SNS accounts!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe