Travel Diaries: Phuket 2015 - Happy Hour and Sunsets by the Beach

8/02/2015 03:20:00 PM



As a self-confessed lover of food, I usually can't help myself but fall into a sort of unhealthy living choice of munching on junk food and the like on a weekly basis. Heck, my colleague and I usually get great ideas after munching on a good piece of cheeseburger and fries for lunch. Fast food has been a haven for me even back in my university days till now. So much so that I found it a miracle that I can still comfortably wear a 2-piece swimsuit during my beach bum life when on vacation (Things were easier back in the day when these photos were taken, booo). My metabolism may not be the same as it used to be, but I think I still have a few more years to go before it seriously starts to slow down. I'm still hoping that I can somehow magically develop abs while not breathing for a few seconds till I get the shot in an attempt to hide my food baby. Then again, a little tum-tum don't hurt nobody, lololol.

On the day these photos were taken, my family and I just chilled by the pool near our villa. We swam for almost an hour and walked to the blue bar next door to enjoy a little happy hour before dinnertime. Waiting for the sun to set poolside with the beach just a few meters away is such a relaxing pastime I'm willing to indulge in given a chance. There was even a cute family with adorable little kids playing in the sand (which is, I guess, their form of "Happy Hour"? Lol.)

By the time the sun was a few meters from the sea, my brother and I decided to head over to the beach to take some photos. It was quite a challenge using both the camera and our mobile phones just to be able to capture this particular fleeting moment. Thankfully my parents were able to catch up with us to lend extra hands. Mom took the rest of my photos for me while my brother and my dad enjoyed capturing the moment with their phones. Nothing beats Mother Nature in making things look so magical. I'll always be in awe with how God was able to create such beauty in the world. Super grateful to be blessed with the opportunity to see such wonders with my loved ones. I do hope I get to see more of His breath-taking creations again soon.


Forever 21 hat, Sunnies Studios sunnies, Speedo swimwear, Stradivarius bag, SM Parisian sandals


On a sorta-related note: Lately, I've been on the hunt for some cute one-piece swimwear that I can take with me to my next beach trip by the end of the year. If you guys know any shops you'd like to recommend me (that sell locally in Metro Manila because international shipping can be a bitch here with the tax thing), I'd love-love-love to hear about it!



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Such gorgeous photos <3 They look so dreamy---it really does take my breath away to see how much beauty God put in this world! So many times we forget to stop and admire it!
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sylvia! Really am thankful for chances when I get to see the beauty of His creations. We really do need to learn to stop, admire, and be thankful for it more often ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antonette CharleneAug 13, 2015, 7:51:00 PM

    This is such a nice place! Great job capturing these beautiful pictures. Hope you had fun! (:

    antonettecharlene.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe