Travel Diaries: Orlando 2014 - Mary, Queen of the Universe

12/27/2014 02:30:00 AM


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with their loved ones. I know I did. Today I just wanna do a really quick post (as I still am in my lovely vacation mode as of writing this) about the popular church we always go to when we're in Orlando. Mary, Queen of the Universe isn't the only catholic church in Orlando, although it is considered to be the most popular one that attracts a lot of tourists around the world.


I see a lot of Filipinos here every time I visit. Even one of the shop assistants in the gift shop is Filipino! She was the one who told us that there are other catholic churches around the city, but this is the one that they refer tourists to the most. I wish churches in Manila were like this! It's really big and really beautiful!


They have this gorgeous statue of St. Michael out front greeting everyone visiting.


They call this place the Mother & Child open chapel where you can light candles and say prayers. 


Even the entrance of the church carries artworks and carvings on them. It's so pretty @.@


The crucifix itself was really wonderfully made though it looks simple. I like the juxtaposition of the traditional and the modern elements it possesses. It's very pleasing to the eyes.


Their statue of Mary and baby Jesus was so smooth, I really wanted to touch it @.@ I'm always in awe of wonderfully carved anything.


High ceilings, wide floors space, so much room.


The back of the church is also quite lovely.


The keeper of the keys to the Kingdom of God, St. Peter.


The Apostle of the Gentiles, St. Paul


They have a beautifully cozy adoration chapel too.


Which also holds a really cool mosaic-like portrait of Our Lady of Guadalupe. 


It's really no wonder why this place is well-loved by a lot of locals and tourists alike. I love visiting this church. Hopefully you guys can visit as well!

If you have any inquiries or would like to know more information about this basilica, feel free to visit their website here.

Till my next post~!

   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))

Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. What beautiful photos! It looks like a lovely trip ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really pretty place to visit! I love the pictures!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautifully modern church that is also conveniently next to one of the Orlando Premium Outlets ^_^ Thanks Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe