Life's a Picnic - Happy 2nd Birthday Strawberry Bunny!7/01/2014 07:00:00 PM
Forever 21 headband, Chill for SM GTW dress (old), Forever 21 socks, Sneakers Avenue shoes
Life's a picnic for me these days. The weather's pretty good on a count of it's not too hot like Summer, but it's not too cold yet that I have to resort to layering on my sweaters, for now at least (although I do love that kind of weather). Graduation's literally just right around the corner too. I can't wait to finally graduate, but I still do feel a little bit nostalgic and a tiny bit hesitant to go out into the real world facing taxes and bills and looking for a job (real world problems is still a bit daunting for me).
On a lighter note! Today marks the 2nd birthday of my blog! I can't believe I've been blogging for 2 years now. Gosh I feel old, lol! Another year full of experiences, another year full of lessons learned. Allow me to list down the top 10 things I've learned in my 2 years of blogging:
1. You don't need to blog every day to get traffic. It'll show when you're forcing yourself to post something since the effort you put isn't as nice as when you're actually in the mood to blog about something you like.
2. The number on your followers list shouldn't matter much. It's the loyal readers/followers that are important. Although it's another thing when readers would do the whole "Follow for follow" thing. I absolutely hate that with a passion. Personally, I only follow those who I genuinely love to follow. That way, I'll also know who's loyal enough to visit my blog and would love to follow it because they genuinely like it instead of following it because I told them I followed them on theirs as a favor.
3. Your blog is about you; your character and personality are reflected on the images you post and the words you use to relay your ideas.
4. Interacting with readers, visiting their links and replying to their comments feels wonderful. I appreciate the effort my readers make to visit my blog, read what I posted, and even tell me what they thought about it. And of course, I do the same for them. So don't forget to leave your blog links and url when you leave me a message! Heehee~
5. Expensive equipment isn't gonna make you better. It's what you do with it that makes a difference.
6. You can't satisfy everyone. Haters will always be there. They're insecure people who are most likely jealous of what you have and would want to see you retaliate so they can bring you down. Ignore them and they'll go away. Instead, pay attention to the people who really matter (like your supportive readers and followers).
7. Not all trends should be followed. Find one that you can actually invest in instead of riding the tide just to be "on trend".
8. Your personal style isn't limited to what you post online. There will be days when you aren't as dressed up as you usually show in your blog or other accounts, and that's okay. Just because you're a fashion blogger doesn't mean you are obligated to always dress up and that you can't wear simpler outfits or not wear makeup when you go out.
9. Money doesn't grow on trees (even though they're technically made from trees); thinking things through before buying something you don't need is a challenge, but the self-control saves you and your wallet from crying a river of regret (and even possibly debt) later on.
10. Being yourself is the key. If you try to act like someone else, or copy someone else's style, you're not only fooling your readers, you're also fooling yourself. So save yourself the stress of trying to be someone you're not when it's always easier and better to just be yourself. Your readers are smart. They'll know when you're being fake.
*Bonus lesson: Your blog grows along with you. Embrace the change instead of going against it. Change is good. You can learn a lot from making a few changes. Aaaand there are many more lessons to be learned in the years to come. Lol.
Anyhoo. This is supposed to be me signaling one of my besties, Den-den, that it's a wrap with our 10 minute outdoor shoot over at Rach's neighborhood when we slept over again last week. I was avoiding calling out to her and making noise outside that could disrupt a neighbor's afternoon since Den-den was standing across the street from me. Apparently she just thought I was still posing for my blog. Trolololol.
Two thumbs up for 2 years of blogging! Hooray!
Thank you for all the support you've been constantly giving me and my blog. I couldn't have done it without you guys! Here's to more blogging years to come!
Happy 2nd Birthday Strawberry Bunny!! ❤