Just keep dancing like we're 22

6/01/2014 10:26:00 PM


SM Ladies Fashion button down, Adidas watch, Forever 21 socks, Sneakers Avenue shoes

It was a long tumultuous road to my birthday, but I'm quite thankful for the rocky road (if only it were as good as the ice cream, lol). So many things happened right before my birthday itself last week that made me feel like the rug was pulled right from under my feet, and I nearly landed on my face. In the end, I was glad I got through it with just a few scratches with the help of some people close to me. 

I spent most of the day with one of my first best friends in my life, my mom, as we went on a very enjoyable mother-daughter date till around dinner time when we met with my dad, brother, and Kenny for a yummy Japanese dinner (sort of a tradition for my birthday). I wouldn't miss out on the opportunity to take a photo of what I wore on my special day, so I whipped out my camera and asked dear ol' momma bear to take my ootd − to which she was even more persistent and OC than I was when taking photos, haha! Special thanks to my mother dearest for taking my photos for the first time for my blog! Finally, everyone in my family as taken my photo for me. #AchievementUnlocked lol.

Decided to wear a simple outfit to emulate my actual age with a mix of how people perceive my age to be. Yes, in reality, I may be mistaken as a 15-16 year old girl (or even younger sometimes depending on what I wear), but I am actually 22 years old as of writing this. Hopefully I get to retain this youthful appeal even when I'm well in my 40's, lol. A happy and less stressful life is all I want, and I'm sure I'll be able to achieve it with the help of the right people surrounding me.

I would like to thank God for 22 blessed years of my life, and to everyone who has made a dent in my life, may it be good or bad. Turning a year older has helped me see things differently than I used to last year, the year before that, and years before that. I guess growing mature really does come from age and experience. So here's to another great year for me! And may I have many more blessed years to come!


PS: I couldn't resist. I waited for over a year for this moment. I can actually sing this and mean it, hahaha!



 
  ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))

Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Rinako グレーJun 1, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

    You are so sweet and cute! This look is so adorable honey! ^^


    ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤


    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rinako! I don't think I'll be outgrowing "adorable" any time soon, lol :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I love your outfit. It looks so cute and fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! you look so cute! and i loove your outfit! <33

    -gaia
    https://sparklerage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! Lovely outfit! You have a cute blog too! Instantly following you back, dear!

    Let's keep in touch!

    xx,

    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    xx,

    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! You look so cute in that skirt.
    And thnks for your lovely comment on my blog, do you mind followin each other via GFC?
    Just let me know and i'll follow right back.

    xx Lori
    http://fabeau-trends.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great, pretty and fun pics <3 i really love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life isn’t always easy. It’s been a rocky road for me lately, too. I’m glad you had the help of so many people and had a nice birthday in the end, specially spending with your mother.

    The look is very cute and pretty. Very girly.
    Good luck with everything and belated
    Happy Birthday!

    http://momodicted.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, happy birthday! I wish I could be 22 again. And stay 22 forever... You look super cute in these pics, almost like a doll, so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Mitch! Yeah, definitely! Can't wait for your next post~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Lori! Yup! Followed you on GFC! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much Xana! Oh, I hope things are better with you now too :< Have a little faith, things will definitely get better! :) <333

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Melissa! :D Lol, I think I'll always feel like 22 no matter how old I will be :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. your so cute! and i really like the skirt! beautiful color as well :)

    -gaia
    http://sparklerage.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your style so much, you rock it! Your blog is amazing! :))

    Matea,
    http://girlinfashionland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet and cute! This look is so adorable honey!

    fanmoda.ru

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe