Beauty How To: 3 Ways To Get Korean Gradient Lips Tutorial

3/04/2014 09:54:00 PM

Gradient lips or just-bitten lips have been one of my favorite Korean beauty trends that has ever walked the face of the earth. And after studying it on many different celebrities and icons, I'm finally able to understand how it works and how it's done. The natural look it gives your face is indeed very covetable. After some practice, I can finally share with you 3 different ways on how to get those lovely just-bitten lips.


For brunettes like myself, orange has got to be the go-to shade when it comes to painting your lips. If you've been following me on my blog and Instagram for a while now, I'm sure you've read that this is the shade I love using the most. Orange just happens to look the most natural for my skin tone and hair color. It never fails to flatter any skin tone either, may you have a darker skin tone, more olive or yellow tone, etc. Orange always gives a fun pop of color to your face when applied.

As for the products I use, OR206 is the best shade I've encountered to date in Etude House (and I own quite a lot, too; you can read my review about them here). Their Color Pop lip tint in Passion Pop also compliments it quite well. And with the user-friendly applicator of the lip tint, it's easier for me to apply and blend the product on my lips for the gradient appeal. The best part is that it dries glossy. So there's no fear that dry lips will be too noticeable when you skip moisturizing before application.


The shade of pink never fails to scream girly-ness for me. This second way of attaining gradient lips is similar to the first, only I used two similar shades of lipstick instead. The lighter shade serves as the base, and a darker shade serves as the gradient. Pink is definitely something I'd wear for those baby doll looks that give a more feminine feel. Very kawaii if I do say so myself.


Last but not the least, the most common way to get gradient lips. Every time I see gradient lip tutorials online, I always see this specific way of application. The only reason why I use this method the least is because I don't have God-given (or surgically enhanced) plump lips. Most of the girls I see who made tutorials showing this method sport beautiful plump lips that's perfect for this certain method as the concealer/nude lipstick trims down the plumpness of their lips (which is actually the objective of this method). As for myself and my not-so-plump lips, I had to blend the red lipstick a little more towards my lip line to get that gradient appeal.

I tend to shy away from the shade of red when it comes to makeup tbh. I agree that every girl should have at least one red lipstick in her makeup collection, but I still have to grow into the color as it gives off a more mature look to a person when worn. And with my youthful physical appeal, I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. Maybe in a few more years.



So there you have it! I hope you guys found my tutorial helpful to say the least. And I also hope you guys learned a thing or two (or three) on how to apply those uber cute just-bitten lips. Let me know which is your fave and if ever you know any other method of achieving this lovely look! :)


P.S.
Am I the only one who got giddy as a school girl seeing SNSD sporting gradient lips in their awesome new comeback MV for Mr.Mr.? 이 노래가 대박이다!



  
 ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))

Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love the popsicle lips too! I've been sporting it since Dec 2012! :D


    http://littellebratontheloose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's so cool! XD I've been doing this look for a while now but I wasn't confident on making a tutorial till I really got it down pat :P The Sunshine Orange one is my fave, lol

      Delete
  2. Aww sweetie you look so pretty! Are you Filipina as well? Just making sure :p
    Just stumbled here on your blog and I'm glad I did ^^ your layout is as adorable as you are!

    Followed you! Hope you can do the same :)
    www.thefabulousgeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rinako グレーMar 5, 2014, 2:23:00 AM

    Great tips! Thank you sweet!
    You look absolutely cute! :'3

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? That's so cool! XD I've been doing this look for a while now but I wasn't confident on making a tutorial till I really got it down pat :P The Sunshine Orange one is my fave, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne! ^u^ Yup, I'm Filipina, but I have Portuguese-Chinese blood :))) I'm glad you stumbled here too! Hope you drop by again soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rinako! ^u^ I hope it was helpful :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tutorial! You are absolutely beautiful! I wonder what your nationality is? :)
    I hope you could drop by my blog too!

    http://thestylefondue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Lovely! :D I'm Filipino :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, can I ask which lip concealer you think is good?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im just.. really in love with this tutotrial and your blog!!! You made
    it easy to follow!!! Thank you1!!!!!! definitely follow you now!! And I
    will follow you through instagram also! I do make-up, tutorials, diy
    too!
    Http://girlsspeakcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! Thank you so much for your super kind words! I do hope this tutorial helped you in any way. You have a very lovely blog. Hope to hear from you again soon! Thank you again for following me! XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Done!! I follow you through bloglovin' and instagram now <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe