My Valentine Tradition

2/20/2014 12:28:00 AM


Mario's has been my favorite places to eat in when special occasions come. The food is exquisite and the service is just as great. The many times my family and I have eaten there has already given us the opportunity to establish our usual orders.


Nothing beats their gambas.


They also have mouthwateringly great Caesar Salad (god for 2 people per serving so we order 2 and have it divided into how many of us are eating, either 4 or 5). The added bonus is that they prepare it right in front of you so you know they use fresh ingredients.


Kenny's usual order, steak with terriyaki sauce,


And my family and I order their Mario's broil (steak with peanut sauce). Yummy~!


The icing on the delicious cake of the whole Mario's experience is their dessert. Their Mango jubilee (caramelized hot mangoes with cold vanilla ice cream) has got to be the best part of every meal. Like their salads, they prepare this one right beside you as well. It's sooooo good! Can't wait for the next occassion for me to come back to this place!

On me: SM Accessories hat, SM Ladies Fashion button down, Petit Monde dress (old), Asianvogue boots || On Kenny: Uniqlo button down, Giordano shirt, Swatch watch, Puma shoes


Like I said before, this year was the last time we'd spend Valentine's day as students. And as much as we both wanted to go to Univ Week (after a great time we had last year), time wasn't as forgiving with our schedules this year and unfortunately we missed it. *cue sad face* So instead of spending time there, we had some lunch with my family over at Mario's in Tomas Morato (our favorite tradition every Valentine's), then took these photos later that afternoon. It's been a while since we had a couple shoot, and what with my persistence, I managed to convince Kenny we'd take photos on V-day weekend (you can view them here). Huzzah! Success! ❤

I love seeing guys get all decked out on Valentine's Day. They really prepare and go all out on this one day of the year. Seeing them in polos, carrying bouquets around is totally heartwarming. It's unfortunate that it's not as celebrated in my school (prolly because of the stress midterms is bring us these days), but I'm sure "across the pond", boys are pulling out the big guns for their special ladies, heehee~

As for our personal styles, you can totally see how different they are from each other. I'm more heavily influenced by Japanese fashion (I still am not so sure which subcategory specifically since there are tons of them) and Korean Ulzzang fashion (and the makeup side too). Kenny however likes the simple way of dressing. Tshirts and jeans, sometimes a cover up in a form of a button down polo or cardigan/hoodie (which I'm guilty of borrowing from him too), and often times in Sperrys or sneakers. One thing's for sure though, when we dress up, we manage to coordinate. Most of the time in colors that match or compliment each other. I guess after dating all this time it's been second nature to us already? Lol.

PS:
On the way home, we saw this little guy on my house's ledge.


If you follow me on Instagram, I'm sure you've seen this photo already. He's such a bully, but an adorable bully, haha! Apparently he's like the head honcho in their cat group in the village. Super cute! I just wish they'd stop pooping on our yard -___-



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))


Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Gaahhh! >_< So jealous of the roses. You look so cute btw :3
    http://thebenjbible.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't be jealous, it's actually my dad's special delivery roses for my mom :P Kenny and I just borrowed them cuz the flowers stores sold on V-day were crazy expensive :)) I heard they sold a bouquet with 12 roses for Php 900.00 last Friday @_@ I prefer receiving something I can eat, lol :P

      Delete
    2. So true! Hahaha :) Food is way better than flowers. Food fills our tumtums and flowers wither. ALL HAIL FOOD ON V-DAY hahahaha

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! So so lovely

    Please if you could, take a peek on my blog! Maybe we could follow each other :)

    http://around-eliana.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eliana! Your blog is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe