Cut It Out

12/06/2013 07:54:00 PM


 Pinkbox bow, SM Accessories necklace (old), Vanilla Pop pullover, Forever 21 socks


I've always been a fan of wearing thigh-high socks with my usual top-skirt-boots combo (that I loved rocking back in my frosh-sophomore years). And with the cooler weather now as we close in on Christmas, it's totally acceptable to wear these things, even in Manila-climate. Maybe it's also because it reminds me so much of the anime style that I grew up to loving why I've grown to love wearing them together so much.


It's like such a casual no-brainer too when you think about it, thigh-high socks with skirts. I guess that's the beauty of Japanese-Korean style (no, not the frilly cosplay reminiscent ones; but more on the ulzzang type of fashion.) It's so put-together even if they look like they didn't think about it that much. How do they do it?? @.@ I'm still baffled about it myself, but I am slowly learning a thing or two every now and then. Simple but cohesive, casual but put-together. That's the best way I can describe it for now.


Speaking of which, how cute are these pullovers? I gotta say, I was already on the search (and still am) for cute pullovers since late July of this year. A few months later, at around October, online shops started offering them in their stores (especially on Instagram). But as picky as I am as a practical shopper nowadays, I wanted something I can wear even 5 years from now, and not just because it's cute, but because it's cute and practical. Like say, this cut-out grey pullover I got recently. It's warm, but the cut out details are cute and functional enough for me to wear it even in the Manila heat! Of course I have to wear a button down top underneath it if ever I choose to wear it to school and whatnot. But hey, it still works, yeah? Har har!


Oh, btw. Remember when I turned 21 a few months ago? One of the things I wanted to do before I turned 22 (view full list here) was draw more for this blog, so I decided that I'd give OOTD sketching a try. Here's an OOTD doodle of me in the outfit I wore above. ;D


For more OOTD doodles from me, follow me on Instagram! I post them earlier there :P


   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))

Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe