Shopping is my Cardio

10/16/2013 02:11:00 AM

 Photos of me by Kenny



DIY hair bow, SM GTW blazer, DIY Baleno (c/o SM Men's Fashion) shirt, 17 Club skirt, Glam-Rock Manila satchel, Forever 21 socks, SM Store shoes




True to what I wrote on my shirt (yes, I literally wrote on my shirt haha! #LifeOfAnArtist), I really do consider shopping as my cardio. I mean, think about it: You walk around the mall in search of something you wanna buy, run towards the item that caught your eye, carry heavy bags of stuff you already bought, and mega sales are like the equivalent of the Olympics or UAAP! (Or maybe I'm just trying to make an excuse to make shopping sound more appealing, lolz) 

Retail therapy can do wonders for you when you need a break from the stress of life. Although the bad thing is that it can be hurtful for your wallet. This is why I tend to flock towards cheaper items, like basics for my closet, or necessities and investments for everything else. I don't force myself to buy stuff just because it's "the IT thing" or join fads and trends. I choose the trend I want to follow, and when I do follow a trend, I alter it to fit my style ('cause let's be honest, not all trends and fads fit everyone perfectly). Nowadays, I keep asking myself these series of questions whenever I have thoughts of buying something (online or offline)...



Okay, I kid. It might seem drastic at times, but in all seriousness though, asking myself these questions has allowed me save a lot from shopping for clothes I thought I needed but realized I didn't. Tbh, whenever I notice something that I thought of buying, I usually feel better after thinking things through. Sometimes I just wanna buy it because it's so pretty, not because I can use it again and again. 

If you follow me on Instagram (@justsephierojas), I'm sure you've noticed that I mostly spend my money on books if I get a chance nowadays. The rest, I spend my money on food on most days I'm in school. The only times I allow myself to buy certain things is when I know they're really great investments (books are never a bad investment, as far as I know). Otherwise, I say "No (thank you)" to the offer and walk away before I change my mind. It may be a little bit difficult at first, but once you get used to the idea of thinking things through before buying them right off the bat, you'll find yourself with a lot of extra cash at your hands that you can save for bigger investments that may come your way.

Impulse buys are fun at times, but it loses its thrill when you keep doing it often. So think wisely before spending your money. You'll get to realize how great it feels after a few tries. Trust me, you won't regret it. 

In other news, I myself am facing some issues regarding scarcity in available hangers and closet space. I'm definitely considering selling some of my clothes (ones I haven't used in the past 6 months). When everything gets sorted out (a.k.a. after midterms), perhaps I can post some details about it here.


   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))

Don't forget to follow me on my social platforms for more updates! :3
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Tumblr   |   Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. LOL the most useful shopping wisely guide ive ever seen =)) i hate it that i always get carried away when i want to buy something tho huhuhuu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Shing! :P I got carried away lots of times before. But it always led me to regretting spending my money on stuff I didn't really need. You'll get to it though! Just keep trying to control yourself before buying something. Practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  2. You're so creative and cute!!!

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marija! :") I hope you were entertained by my simple shopping guide :P

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe