Travel Diaries: Phuket 2013 Day 1

7/16/2013 03:30:00 PM


สวัสดีค่ะ! Sawatdee Ka! 


Here's a treat for you all! I know this is super late, and I apologize. It's long due that I wrote about my lovely Summer vacae, but things keep getting in the way (*ahem* school *ahem* thesis *ahem*( TДT) that I couldn't find time to write this post. But! I shall make it up by posting one now! I'll post the others whenever I can. It's my first time blogging about a trip abroad. I'm so excited! Shall we begin? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ




If you've been following my blog for a while now, I'm sure I already gave a dead giveaway of where I spent my week-long summer vacation last May. (If you need to refresh your memory, you can check my posts here and here.) Either way, I'm sure the photo above is enough to let you know by now that I visited the wonderful world of Thailand again! It's my third time to vacation there, and my second time in Phuket. Boy, have I missed this place a LOT! Although, with my last visit, I was just 17 years old and barely out of high school! My how time flies~ 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

Anyhoo! We arrived at Marriott Vacation Club at around dinner time and the only thing we wanna do is kick back, eat our hearts out, and rest from all the flying. Vacation Mode ON(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Since we're a family of four, we got to stay in a 2-bedroom apartment-style villa. As soon as we opened the doors, it was like a time machine. Everything was just like the last time we were here! And yes, the statues above is the first thing you'll see greeting you by the door, haha!



How I wish I had a place just like this! Totally awesome! And definitely easy to clean. Home sweet home!



The facilities are just lovely! We have our own small kitchen, a washing machine, dryer, ironing board, the works! Lolz. Look at me going gaga over appliances. It may sound weird, but now that we've been living without a house help for a few months already, we've gotten used to the household chores and learned to appreciate the world of household appliances and all the nitty-gritty. Reality-check approved!  (n゜∇゜n) 



Like any Marriott home, they always have complimentary water ready for us. Must stay hydrated in a tropical country! (*ノ・ω・)ノ



The master's bedroom (my parents' bedroom technically), looks so comfy and homey. Wish I had a bed like that at home too! So tempted to jump on it! ♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩




Travellers closets for couples of course! And a flat screen too!



Dibs on the hot tub! Nothing like a nice bubble bath after a long day of travelling~ (´◠ω◠`) ♥



Vanity for the guys



And the girls (of course the girls need the one with the hair dryer, haha!)



Since it was already night time, we didn't get to take a photo of the view outside the room. Next time for sure!



If I had one of these in my room (in the future), I'd definitely be reading my books here before I sleep. With a nice view!



Fishies on the wall!



And a rooster on the table!



As soon as I saw this little guy, I immediately remembered most of my college friends and Kenny. They're mostly born in the year of the Rooster and are a year younger than me. #FeelsSoOldNow




You can only find towel art like this in Thailand since it's their national animal. Ain't it adorable?? It's little things like these that makes my travels memorable~ (◠ω◠✿)




Elephant lamp! More elephants!



Come to think of it, the last time we were here, the only difference in the rooms is that the furniture here is decked with a red/warmer color palette. As opposed to last time which had a blue/cooler color palette.



Coffee or tea? ヽ(*・ω・)ノ



My brother and I shared a room of course. He loved setting the room temperature so low, I felt like I was spending my Summer in the acrtic regions with a polar bear! It was freezing cold! (≖△≖✿) Later on, to avoid catching a cold and getting sick, we decided to switch beds. I then slept near the windows  instead (where it's warmer) while he slept on the bed near the wall since the a/c draft was directed there. Oh bed, how I miss thee!



Our room's bathroom had two doors: one leading to our room, the other leading to the hallway. Usually we'd leave the one leading to the hallway locked for safety reasons (and privacy reasons too of course).


 Goody elastics, Love.Eyecandy blazer, Eazy Fashion cap, Bench Body shirt, Crissa jeans, SM Store sneakers



Since it was already dark, it was really hard to take outfit shots with the limited lighting. Le foo! So I guess I'll make do with this one. Typical airport fashion. Since I was travelling the whole day, I wanted to be comfy. Jeans, sneakers, a plain white shirt, and a blazer with my hair up seemed like a good choice, don't you think? Thanks to my brother for taking my photo! ♥



Dinner time! We remembered this place near the villa we stayed in that offers really amazing food. If ever you're in Phuket, I highly recomend checking out Bill Bentley! It's this amazing pub located at the Turtle Village in Mai Khao (and there's another one in the Phuket international airport) that is the only English restaurant in Phuket (for now). With that, they offer loads of American, Italian, and many other foreign foods your tummy will surely love!



If I could, I would, haha!



Such amazing detail on this lamp~



Personaly, I'm not a huge fan of beer. But I couldn't resist taking a photo of this, haha!



I'm coming back for youuuu! ( ;´Д`)



Bill Bentley usually has live performers singing in their pub. On our first night, this guy was singing a lot of fun oldies tunes that I hear on the radio back home. Like Elvis, AEGIS, Earth Wind and Fire, and the like. He even sang a Chinese song with the Chinese people at the table next to ours! Super cool! He has a really great voice. And he totally reminded me of my grandpa Billie, heehee~



He even came up to our table when he noticed I was taking photos! Thumbs up and smiles from my dad and my brother \o/



Dinner's served! Satay chicken.



Cheesy beef lasagna.



And Fish and chips~ My tummy's very happy!



Cheers to our first night and for an awesome vacation ahead!


Till my next post~!



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))





  







You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. looks good,girl.I prepare to go there with work. The introduction of hotel villa is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merylin! Phuket's one of the most relaxing places I've been to B) Really, two thumbs up for this place, and Marriott helped make it even more like a paradise :)

      Delete
  2. Nice article! On my experience, I find it hard to find the Cheapest Hotels in Phuket even searching the web. I’m fortunate that I know someone who went there before and gave me some recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! :D it's always good to do some research on the places to stay in other countries depending on the activities you have planned for during your stay :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe