Timeless Investment: Floral Skirts

4/05/2013 09:28:00 PM



Breezing through my Lookbook profile, I came to realize that two things I repeatedly wore a lot were my floral skirts from local brands Jellybean and Soda. Both skirts I got more than a year ago, and yet I still get to wear them often no matter the season! Investment? Definitely. So here I am showing you guys how florals are not just for the dainty girly-girls who love fairies, rainbows and unicorns (lol what?), but can be styled into edgier looks as well. Be warned, I'm about to flood you with a lot of photos, heeheehee~ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ



For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


This red floral skirt from Soda that I got when Mom and I were browsing through the different stores in Megamall was the one that caught my eye instantly among everything else on the rack. Whether it was on sale or not (I don't remember anymore), skirts like these are a match made in heaven with sheer button downs. Especially with cream colored sheer button downs. It just screams sophistication when paired together! If you wanna tone down on the sophistication bit though, add a nice black studded vest to give off a little edge to your feminine look.




For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Another cute must-have is this lovely blue and orange floral skirt from Jellybean. The nice thing about the colors blue and orange is that they can go pretty much with anything! Purple, white, yellow, green, black.. the list goes on! For this look though, I went with a simple white graphic tee to let the print on my skirt be the center of attention. Using orange and green as my palette for my accessories made me look fresh as a daisy on a hot summer's day!




For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Red goes so well with black, yes? It's like, one of those unspoken theories in fashion! For this look, I went for a more free spirit kind of feel. Adding a bowler hat, my boyfriend's black tee, a grey studded vest, and donning some black sneakers makes me appear ready for a Music Festival in this one. ♪(*ノ・ω・)ノ♫



For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Who says florals won't go well for a sporty look? I like (watching) sports -- well, kinda. And I enjoy being a girl. Heck, if Shopping was a sport, I'd gladly participate often, har har! Sporty doesn't necessarily mean you have to sacrifice your femininity. The good thing about baseball shirts is that they're very versatile and can be like a blank canvas! It's all in the matter of tweeking them to fit your look. Normally you'd wear them with simple jeans or shorts plus sexy heels. But pairing it with something you normally wouldn't will add interest to it. Just make sure that your accessories also match the colors of what you're wearing and you're all good.




For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Going on a nice date would usually entail me to wanna be as girly as I can. If you're planning on watching a nice movie, or have a little picnic at the park, what better way to spell girly-ness than with pretty flowers on your skirt and ribbons on your hair! Haha! Going all Red and black once again on this one, only in a more lady-like manner. No bowler hats in sight, just a cute red ribbon. Exchange those worn out sneakers for some adorable flasts instead and you're good to go!




For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


This look is probably my favorite among all of them. One worry I have with floral prints is that you may end up looking like a walking curtain. So unattractive. Avoid it by applying a darker shade of pallete to your otherwise brighter choices. Instead of those cute aqua blues, grab them navys instead! Oxfords and a cardigan instantly establishes a preppy look for you. Keep accessories to a minimum to balance out the eye-catching prints.




For a full list of what I'm wearing, read full post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Lastly, don't be afraid of wearing more than 3 colors on your outfit! Sure, they say keep it to a minimum to be consistent and give cohesiveness. But sometimes, wearing bright colors helps make you feel happy! And who doesn't wanna feel happy, right? Haha! 



Wear whatever's comfortable for you may it be with a sheer button down, studded vests, ribbons and flats, limited accessories, or with a baseball cap and sneakers. Finding the right floral skirt may be a challenge in itself. But when you do set your eyes on one, make sure to grab it like it's the last piece on sale! A good investment like that is hard to stumble upon again, so don't let them slip away! :) Besides, florals are a style staple 3 out of 4 times a year, so it's good to have some in your closet just in case you want some bloom on your outfit ;)



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))



  





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. where do you buy your socks? i love them! does it come with the bow already? :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yup, the ribbons are already included. I got them from the SM Store :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe