Let's Talk Beauty: Blooming Lips

3/20/2013 12:17:00 AM


I've talked about my personal choices for my crowning glory, and some preferences for skincare. Now, allow me to shed a quick light on some of my many favorites when it comes to the one accessory you should never leave the house without: lip care!

First: Sweet smell of Candy


(L-R) Kellogs Frosted Flakes Flavored lip balm; Lipsmacker Original in Strawberry flavor, and Lime flavor; Lipsmacker Tropical in Banana Berry flavor, Mango Tangelo flavor, and Strawberry Starfruit flavor; Lipsmacker Wild Berry in Berry Punch flavor, and Strawberry flavor (all part of the Skittles collection); Lipsmacker Cherry Coke flavor, and Regular Coke flavor (both are part of their Coca-Cola collection)


Phew! That's a lot! If you've read my It Girl on the Web article on Candymagdotcom last year, you'd know that I'm a huge, HUGE fan of lip balm. Specifically Lipsmacker. My friends and family know very well how much I love lip balm and lip gloss (and recently, lipsticks) that they usually give them to me as a gift for my birthday. The first time I encountered Lipsmacker was when Rach came from the U.S. and gave me her "pasalubong"/advanced birthday gift to me. When I opened it, it was the Lipsmacker Original Strawberry flavored one part of the Skittles collection! I have to say, it was smart of Rach to give me that since I'm a huge, HUGE Skittles fan as well (and Airheads.. Well, basically any form of candy, haha!) Killing two birds with one stone right there! ♫ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)♪


The best part of Lipsmacker? Aside from smelling exactly like the flavor they claim to have, they moisturize your lips 100%! I really hate lip balms who claim that their products moisturize your lips ('cause, well, that's what lip balms are supposed to do, really) but when you buy them and apply them on your lips, they flake. LIES! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ But not with Lipsmacker! I've been using their products for 5 years already and it's never failed to keep my lips moisturized! Perfect for our country's schizo weather. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Second: Lipstick Jungle


(L-R) Etude House Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips #14 Strawberry Milk, Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #OR204, Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #PK003, Dear My Blooming Lips Talk #RD304, Mac lipstick gift from my cousin for Christmas (I still don't know the name for this TT__TT) 


These look familiar? It's 'cause I wrote about their breakdown here. Haha! Personally speaking, I've just recently got into lipsticks. So I'm pretty much a noob in this department. Haha! All I can say is, based on my observations, lipsticks can be one of those accessories that can make or break your outfit. The wrong shade for your skin tone can alter your look altogether. So make sure you pick the right shade for your skin tone! I'm still learning how to match each shade with my daily outfits though. Maybe when I get older, I'll be more daring and go for darker, bolder shades of lipstick. In the meantime, I'm happy with the orange, coral, nude, and pink shades that are available in Etude House.

Lastly: Shine bright like a Diamond


(Col.1, T-B) Elf Hypershine Gloss in Pageant Princess, Raspberry, Berry Cherry, Au Naturale, and Ruby Kiss (not in photo); (Col.2, L-R) Elf Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15; HerBench Paint box in Gold Dust; Etude House Dear My Crystal Gloss in #COR202 and #CPK001


Last but not least, top your lips with sweet, shiny gloss to make them look fuller! Like I said, my friends keep giving me lip care as gifts, hence my pretty wide collection of them. Alex gave me a set of Elf Hypershine Gloss, while Den-den gifted me with the Gold Dust lip gloss from HerBench which smells just like mocha. Sweet~! I usually use the Etude House Dear My Crystal Gloss for everyday though since they look more natural. Plus, they add a little bit of tint to my lips, specifically on days when I usually skip the lipstick applications due to laziness. Haha! (n゜∇゜n)


So there you have it! I hope you guys can consider trying out these products as well. I can tell you I confidently rock these products since they work really well for me. Plus, they're all inexpensive! Win-win, right? Years ago, back in high school while I was burying my nose in chic-lit for teens, I read somewhere that you should "Wear your pain through lip gloss." Why not? It helps release stress, and it hydrates your lips! Haha! I might need to use a lot of these in the next few weeks due to stress from finals though ((T.T; ) 


If you've tried these products out, I'd love to hear what you think about them too. So do leave a comment below, mkay? (◠‿◠✿)



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))



PS: Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'(◕‿◕✿)




You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really want to try the Etude House lipsticks, but I'm pretty clueless - are there any colours you'd recommend? (I don't tend to go for anything too dark, especially in spring^-^)
    -Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the type of shade you're going for. But if it's something you'd just wanna sport everyday, I think the ones in the shades of Coral, Orange, or light Pink would do the trick! :)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post.

    http://thewardrobefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should definitely go try some of these out! Haha!

    x http://the-ambitiousjuvenile.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MP! You should try them out! I'm sure you'll like them :D

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe