Castle on a Cloud

2/01/2013 05:41:00 PM


It's the first day of the Love Month and I can't contain my excitement any longer! That, and the fact that I just got my allowance from Mom last night. And you know what that means... SHOPPING! Haha! Well, kinda. I gotta pay all my "debts" first. And then I can go shopping! I've already placed my orders in two online stores, so hopefully I can get my packages in time for next month! :3 












Pinkbox ribbon, FreshKon contact lenses, Etude House lipstick 

SM Accessories belt

Dickies socks, Asianvogue shoes

Shopwise cardigan

SM GTW dress



Have you watched Les Miserables yet? If you haven't, then what are you waiting for?? @___@ It's like, THE Movie-Musical to watch this year!! Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman won a Golden Globe for their performances, so kudos to them! And I'm rooting for them to win the Oscars too. Kinda feel bad that Les Miserables was left out of the Best Director and Best Editor categories. I have to say, that's such a bummer. But hopefully it wins Best Film!


I've been a fan of Les Miserables since I was in 5th grade. My English teacher back then, Ms. Soriao, was a huge, HUGE fan of the musical, that she kept basing her examples of her lectures and test questions on the hit broadway play. So yeah, at the tender age of 11, I already knew who Fantine, Jean Valjean, Javert, Marius, Eponine and Cossette were (and how to pronounce their names properly, heehee). I tried to read the book, but I didn't really understand it as much as I wanted to (I was what, 12 years old? @_@). Maybe in a few more years (when I have time to read books again), I can flip through the yellowing pages and actually finish it. I'm still dreaming of the day I get to watch the hit Broadway Musical itself (along with Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Avenue Q, Wicked, Evita, Cats, and Chicago). Hopefully it'll happen soon enough. For now though, the movie did more than satisfy my Les Miserables cravings. It's so superb and amazing, the only thing missing is the "Academy Award Winner" title.


On to what I'm wearing. Since it's the first day of the Love month already, I figured wearing a nice preppy, lady-like outfit would suffice for the occasion. If you've noticed, I'm wearing the same dress I wore here and here. But this time, I was imagining a 21st century Cossette in her early teen years wearing something like this. Cute, preppy, and presentable. I love dresses like these! They're a perfect canvas for styling. Not to mention very figure-flattering. Not so sure if a 21st century Monsieur Marius would flock towards me in these cutiepie socks that I got from Dickies, but oh well! To be honest, I've been addicted to these kinds of cutiepie socks since I was a kid. I used to wear ruffled socks waaaaay back then too (with cute teddy bear printed dresses and shiny red shoes ala Dorothy). And when I saw these last weekend in Dickies, I literally hoarded around 9 pairs for myself. You'll see. I'm gonna be wearing them as much as I can. :)



   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I want to watch Les Mis too! But I'm saving money right now so... yeah. :(

    Yay for allowance! ;) Have fun shopping, pretty lady!

    Also I love those lacy socks with those shoes. Very awesome! And, yes, you do look like a sophisticated lady, perfect for V-day! :)

    http://wannabeempress.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! :( Hope you'll watch it when they air it on TV, yes? :D Thanks Raeeee! ❤

      Delete
  2. I love that bow hairclip of yours. Gonna ask my hubby to watch Les Mis.

    IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenniya! :") Bring lots of tissue with you when you do! :D Expect a flood of tears, heehee :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks FashionEdible! :) Some reason, I'm subconciously into Blue these past few weeks, haha!

      Delete
  4. You're too adorable. This is such a cute & fun look!Feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think! :)

    xo Tranay

    http://addictedtworetail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tranay! :") I was attempting to channel my inner Cossette in this look, haha! Attempting being the operative word :P

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe