Strictly Black or White

1/20/2013 04:48:00 PM


Funny how it took me so long to finally get my eyebrows shaped properly on my own (as much as possible, I wouldn't wanna spend money if I can do something myself, like painting my nails). It's even funnier how they seem to be so important enough to be shaped properly in the first place! But as I've realized, even things as small as eyebrows deserve to be taken into account in order for you to look better. And in all honesty, they do look better after being shaped properly.



When all else fails when shaping your eyebrows by yourself, you could always resort to a temporary fringe, haha! :)





Love.Eyecandy blazer


Never Been Kissed dress, SM Accessories belt (old)



Forever 21 socks, FashionCookie ShoeAvenue shoes


Etude House lipstick




Oh, how time flies! One day my friends and I were just worrying how to dissect a frog in Biology class, or trying to prove theories in Geometry, or even dressing up in strange costumes while portraying one of the circles of Dante's Inferno for English class in our black and white uniforms and black mary janes, and next thing we know, we're donning semi-formal black and white dresses, heels, and celebrating our 21st birthdays! Man, I feel so old. Har har! :P


This particular black and white attire was what I wore when one of my best friends, Julia, celebrated her 21st birthday last night in Patio Ibarra along Quezon Avenue. She looked ever so lovely in her flowy red dress among all of us guests in black and white. Simply gorgeous, I tell you! (view photos here.) Not to mention, a whole lot of fun catching up on random stories and nostalgic flashbacks about our alma mater during dinner. With a little bit of alcohol, I can say it was a little bit of a challenge not to talk, haha! :)


A birthday party is a time where one does not want to outshine the celebrant (unless you're the celebrant, that is). So when I saw in the invite that we're to wear a semi-formal dress, I whacked my mind in an attempt to figure out what I should wear! It's times like these when I wish I had that perfect LWD (little white dress) for a change after realizing how many LBD's I have hanging in my closet. But, it's safe to say, I didn't mind wearing this number again. With the blazer I got from Love.Eyecandy a while back, and the JC Litas I got from FCSA, it blended into something comfy and appropriate for the dress code, if I do say so myself. :)




   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))




You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Like that blazer a lot!!! Great photos!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jezz! :D I think the blazer was the one that made my outfit more semi-formal, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  2. I love how amazing you look honey :)) and congrats on getting your brows properly shaped... still need to have mine fixed. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, love! :D Oh, the pains of getting your brows to look right. #GirlProblems haha! :P

      Delete
  3. cute photos!!! i like your blog! Maybe we follow each other!? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yulie!

      Thanks so much!! :") Love your wild magenta hair~ <3 Following you in GFC and Bloglovin! :)

      Delete
  4. Black and white is always classic! Lovely look! :)

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline! I agree! :) They can never go wrong on anyone :D

      Delete
  5. you cant go wrong with black and white =)
    very classy and stylish look, dear !!
    i love how you combined this color with stripes as well..
    nice job !
    xx

    www.melodyofmywords.blogspot.com

    ps; visit my fashion blog sometimes ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winda! :") Saw your brother's wedding photos in your blog. Congrats on his marriage! :D

      Delete
  6. Nice shots dear. You'll never go wrong with basics. You look great.

    XX,
    simplyjenniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks so much Jenniya! :")

      Delete
  7. Very cute outfit! Love the dress. Seems like you had a fun time :)

    -FashionEdible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, FashionEdible! :D I had a lot of fun! :3

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe