One Pair of Shoes, Five Looks: KEDS

1/03/2013 08:54:00 PM


Meet one of my Go-To shoes of 2012. These Keds sneakers of mine are about a year old now (bought it way before the whole Taylor Swift RED album and campaign were released) and have been worn so many times, I've lost count. Luckily, I was able to scrunge up 5 of my Lookbook posts depicting 5 different ways to wear these lovely Red Keds! :)

Look #1:  Simply Sexy


BNY top, Goody Ouchless Elastics and Stay Put hair pins (hair), Jellybean earrings, Yhansy ring, Mossimo for Target pants, Keds shoes. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


I think everyone who knows me also knows that my pants to skirts/dresses ratio is like, 1:5 in my closet. So my friends find it "quite a shocker" whenever they see me in pants. Har Har! :P But alas! Not all kinds of pants need to be those plain ol' jeans. You can invest in colorful bottom wear like what I'm wearing here that perfectly compliments those Red Keds. Tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail and wear a scoop neck top to show off some sexy collar bones and neck (no necklaces necessary or it'll cut your neck short), and you're all set! Simple, but sexy :)



Look #2:  Adorably Cozy


HerBench/ long sleeve top, Crissa jeans, Hoodie from ? (I'm sorry, if you were the one who sent me this hoodie two years ago, please email me! :( ), Keds shoes. Read post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Lazy days show lazy dressing. I am personally guilty of this and maaaaybe a little bit proud of it. Heehee. Anyways! Spicing up boring "Obviously I'm Lazy" looks, I went for a cozy but adorable bunny hoodie I got a couple of years ago (back when December was as cold as January). No boring old jackets for me anymore! Just cute, adorable, and oh so colorful outerwear. They put life into your otherwise "blah" outfit. And maaaaybe, by mid-day, you'll start feeling a bit less "blah" as well? :3 Even with boring dark-wash jeans, these Red Keds pop out like the sun through dark clouds, don't you think? :)



Look #3:  A little bit of color, A little bit of  neutrals

Petit Monde dress, Candy cover up, Mint Men fedora (worn backwards), Forever 21 socks, Goody Ouchless elastics (on wrists). Read post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Ever take a cue from your shoes as the main palette for your outfit? I did! Here's one example. Red and White sneakers go really well with Blue (many flags around the wolrd are decked with these colors so maybe it'll work on your clothes too; every outfit I wore here is practically in shades of R-W-B). But as to not look like a flag waving in the wind, I chose to add neutrals to it. This way, the Reds and the Blues pop out more, but aren't completely overwhelming your head-to-toe look. Balance is key. :)



Look #4:  Casually Fresh


Little Turp top, Harvard Jeans USA shorts, SM Accessories belt, Glam-Rock Manila satchel, Forever 21 cardigan and earrings. Yhansy rings Read post here. Hype this look on Lookbook here.


Here's a thought: Guys find girls sexier when they're less glammed up. The simpler and more real they look, the better. So when a girl looks fresh, she's supposed to look confident. Looks confident = Looks Approachable. Using vibrant colors to accessorize is a good move (again, as long as it doesn't go overboard). The other simple formula we use? Dark top + Light bottom = Balance. Imagine a Black Forest cake. The inner part of the cake is like my top here, and the white icing is like my shorts here. As for the cherry on top and the flakes of chocolate? They're like my Red Keds and accessories here. Good balance, don't you agree? :)



Look #5:  Playfully Preppy 


SM GTW dress, SM Accessories hat and belt, Red Apple necklace, Glam-Rock Manila satchel, Forever 21 socks, Next vest, Keds shoes. Read post here. Hype in Lookbook here.


Wearing flats during lunch dates or movie dates are one of my main choices. I wanna enjoy my date and not struggle the whole time walking on high heels. Less wobbling, less worries! And these sneakers of mine are one of my top choices every time I go out. Comfy, Fashionable, Sturdy, and oh so Lovely. I'm definitely getting me another pair (in White or Gray, perhaps?) soon! :)



So there you have it. In the palette of Red-White-Blue, styled in 5 different ways, I hope I was able to give you tips on how to maximize your charming and colorful Keds sneakers this 2013. Enjoy! :D


   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))





You Might Also Like

57 comments

  1. I love every outfit that you paired with your Keds shoes. Especially the look #5.

    XX, Jenniya
    http://simplyjenniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenniya! :D Me too, that's definitely my fave :3

      Delete
  2. WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE? I always love your outfits ;___; I miss you, Seph!

    http://wannabeempress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks, Rae. I miss you too!! :") I love your Taobao stuff actually :))) Makes me wanna get a credit card for myself so I can make more international purchaces. And I'm so jealous at how you put on make up! I personally need more practice =)))

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Grazie mille, Marie! <3

      I will definitely take part of your giveaway. Te lo prometto! :D

      xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post dear!! amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rakel! I read your post where you wore that black lace dress. Super sexy! ❤ Followed you on Bloglovin and GFC! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow. I Love it! You have so so great blog! <3
    Happy New Year!:*

    Would You like to follow each other? :)
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindie! :") I saw your blog btw. Super cute dog, and I love all your Christmas photos :D Happy New Year to you too! :*

      Followed you in GFC btw :3

      Delete
  6. You in your Keds is so amazing!! Hope to see lots more outfits in your Keds!! Love em on you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamie! :D I'll do my best to document my outfits when I wear my Keds a lot more nowadays :) I might get another pair too! :D Thanks again! :3

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am encountering
    troubles with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I can't subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody having the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!

    Also visit my web-site - red bottom shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anon! :D Hmm, I'm not quite sure what's with my RRS, it should be working fine :-/ You could follow me on Bloglovin' for now if you'd like :)

      Delete
  8. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written
    article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    Visit my site :: christian louboutin pumps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Please do visit again :D

      Delete
  9. Hi there this is kind of of off topic but I was
    wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors
    or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    my weblog college vs university

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :D Um, I'm not sure what WYSIWYG editors are, but Blogger has an option if you'd want to blog using HTML codes or not. My college course kinda teaches us HTML so I know something about it; but if I wanna learn more, I look it up on Google :) I also handled a blog in Wordpress for school, and I guess it will depend on which you find is easier to use. For me, navigating through Blogger is easier compared to Wordpress. Although I would advice you to tinker with both first and choose where you're most comfortable. They're both free anyway. Good luck! :D

      Delete
  10. Great post but I was wondering if you could
    write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very grateful
    in the event that you could elaborate more. Kudos!

    Look into my web page ... froxh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Perhaps next time I shall :)

      Delete
  11. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long)
    so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying
    your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but
    I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for first-time blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


    Feel free to visit my web page :: art articles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D You can always email me if you have any questions.

      Advices? Um, just write a lot, I guess? Keep writing substantial things, proof-read your posts before publishing, take great quality photos to support your content. Enjoy your blog and it will show :) Don't worry about the follower count and all that other stuff cause it will just stress you out and your blog is not supposed to be based on it. Just work on your blog, have fun, and everything will fall into place :) Good luck!

      Delete
  12. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm inspired! Extremely helpful info specially the remaining section :) I maintain such information a lot. I was looking for this certain information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and best of luck.

    Also visit my site :: travel news

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Drop by here again! :D

      Delete
  13. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site accidentally, and I am surprised why this accident
    did not came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

    Feel free to visit my webpage public relations news

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it :) That was a nice kind of accident though, haha!

      Delete
  14. Does your website have a contact page? I’m having problems locating it but, I’d want to send
    you an email. I’ve got ideas for the blog you could be interested in hearing.
    In either case, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop
    with time.

    Here is my blog post ... Food Health Articles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to my contacts page is just below the header in the home page :) Love to hear from you! My email can be seen at th top of the side bar too :)

      Delete
  15. I don't even know how I stopped up right here, however I believed this submit used to be good. I don't recognize who you are
    but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger in the
    event you aren't already. Cheers!

    Visit my website: news environment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully some day soon I will! :D

      Delete
  16. Excellent post! We will be linking to this
    great post on our site. Keep up the good writing.


    Review my homepage; 80s fashion women

    ReplyDelete
  17. This design is steller! You most definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almostmoved to begin my own blog (well, almost.
    .. HaHa)

    Here is my web-site; photography Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You should if you haven't yet! It's fun :D

      Delete
  18. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you are a great
    author. I will always bookmark your blog and
    will often come back someday. I want to encourage you to continue your great
    work, have a nice holiday weekend!

    My blog post :: artist

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your way of explaining everything in this paragraph is truly
    good, every one be capable of simply understand it, Thanks a lot.



    Look into my page; electrical engineering news

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent blog you've got here.. It's difficult to find quality writing like yours these
    days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you!

    Take care!!

    Also visit my web-site ... latestarticles.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really make it a point to work on the content of my blog post since I don't wanna make people think I don't know what I'm talking about :)

      Delete
  21. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with
    my facebook group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    my page ... http://www.M367.Com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it smart. I can't
    wait to read far more from you. This is actually
    a tremendous web site.

    my web page business news

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon everyday.
    It will always be exciting to read content from other authors and use something from other web sites.


    My web-site news fashion

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very descriptive blog, I loved that bit. Will there be
    a part 2?

    Have a look at my web site; pr articles

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi fantastic blog! Does running a blog like this take a large amount of
    work? I've virtually no expertise in programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, should you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic however I just wanted to ask. Thank you!

    Here is my blog post :: pereche.Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Personally, I don't treat my blog as work. It's more on being an outlet or a hobby than work. I enjoy what I do so it never really felt like that :) Making content (photos + text content + links) can feel like work SOMETIMES, especially when I'm on a deadline. Otherwise, no, not really :)

      Delete
  26. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me
    to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Superb work!

    Feel free to visit my web blog; home articles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D No, I used the Simple template provided by Blogger and edited the codes myself :)

      Delete
  27. Your way of explaining everything in this paragraph is
    in fact nice, all be capable of effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.


    My blog government news

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi there, I want to subscribe for this web site
    to obtain most recent updates, so where can i do
    it please help.

    my web site: Club Interior Design ()

    ReplyDelete
  29. You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest websites on the web.

    I will highly recommend this blog!

    My site: Womens Riding Boots Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe