Let's Talk Beauty: Skin Care

1/05/2013 02:37:00 AM


It has been a long standing interest that girls, ladies, and women share the common interest for beauty products. Though the intensity of the interest may vary from person to person, we all can't deny that every one of us use beauty products for one reason or another. So here I am, sharing with you some of my secrets: the products I have been trusting and using for a long time in a matter of a series of posts per category. Starting with Skin Care(Please take note that every person's skin type is different. Results may vary.)



First up: Bath time!

Nivea Deep Pore Control Cleansing Foam, Dove White Beauty Bar


Living in a hot and humid tropical country like the Philippines, we Filipinos surely can't get enough of taking a bath. Heck, even if it's the colder season of the year, we still take baths every day (all the more time spent when faced with the heat of the Summer)! Nothing can beat the feeling of being squeeky clean even if you didn't break into a sweat all day. Two things that help clean my skin every time I bathe are a good bar of soap, and an awesome facial wash. Nivea has been a trusted brand by many Asians since it's perfectly made to cater to Asian skin. And after how many times I've bought their cleansing foam, I haven't had any doubts about it yet. My skin isn't intensely oily, but it does get to a point where I'd just wanna wash my face to clean all the excess oil off. Nivea does that without drying your skin after washing (unlike other brands that I've tried before). See? You can have your cake and eat it too! 

As for that good bar of soap? Nothing says Moisturize that Dove! I've been a loyal user of Dove ever since I was in grade school. And a lot of people tell me my skin looks and feels so soft and smooth. Even my boyfriend tells me that! Surely, it's uncomfortable to hug someone with rough, dry skin, even if it is clean enough to touch, right?



Next: After bath aftermath


(L-R): Avea Naturals Deep Moisturizing Lotion, Marks & Spencer China Blue Moisturizing Hand and Body lotion, Victoria's Secret Super Soft PINK fresh and clean Hand and Body Cream, Nivea Extra Whitening Quick Dry deodorant.


Beauty Products aren't just limited to make up and all that jazz. Lotions and Deodorants are also considered as Beauty Products! Personally, I make it a habit to put some lotion on my skin after every time I wash the dishes and take a bath. With the dishwashing detergent drying up my hands, I need to make it a point to moisturize them, else they'd end up drying like the Sahara desert! Can't help but love the soft, fully moisturized feeling of healthy skin, right? On special occasions, I usually use my Marks and Spencer China Blue lotion from their Floral Collection (I'm addicted to their wide variety of floral-scented beauty products at such affordable prices; think Php 250.00 or less for sweet-smelling lotions and bath gels. ATTACK!), or my Victoria Secret Super Soft PINK lotion since they both smell extra good; I'm super thankful I got both as a gift from my Dad and Godmother, respectively, during one Christmas. These lotions smell soooo good, they can serve as my perfume for the day! But if it's just for everyday use, my Avea lotion does the job. It works like butter (haha, figuratively of course)! It also helps that you can get it for less than Php 150.00 in grocery stores. Perfect for girls on budgets.


As for the deodorant? I've tried so many products before. Give me a brand, and I probably have tried it already. Finding the right deodorant for you is like finding the best pair of jeans over at the mall in your size. It feels like you found the Holy Grail or something! And when I found that Nivea works waaaaay better for me than any other brand, I stuck with it. I don't suffer from sweaty pits. Plus, though it may be a roll-on, it doesn't ever stain your clothes (not even the dark ones)! Huzzah! And the best bonus you can get with this? When they say "say good bye to dark underarms", you'll surely say good bye to dark underarms. 



Thirdly: Before saying Goodnight


(L-R): Pond's Age Miracle Day cream, Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Toner, Pond's Age Miracle Night cream


Clean and moisturized skin isn't just for the hands and body. Your face shouldn't be neglected too! One product I used to have was Neautrogena. But it got too pricey here in our country, so I've been using Nivea instead. Every night before I sleep, I use Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Toner. This cleans my face and reduces excess shine. Since it's normal for one's face to produce more oil when asleep, reducing the oil and shine before bedtime helps lessen the clogging of your pores. The good part of this toner? It's not alcohol-based. Meaning, it cleans your face, but does not dry your skin! I made sure to check all the other facial toners I saw, and it's a shame that even though they claim that they're "not alcohol-based" in the front, when you read their ingrdients at the back, you can see that they still have alcohol in them which will dry your skin eventually. Shocker, right? Well, take my word for it. Nivea's Aqua Effect Mattifying Toner won't dry your skin even in the long run.


So after cleaning your skin with a toner, you still need to moisturize it. I use these two creams from Pond's both for the day and at night, sharing it with my Mom. Attending a University, going to work, or merely sleeping in fully airconditioned rooms can really dry one's skin. Trust me, it gets really annoying when your face studdenly dries in the middle of the day and you just wish you could do something to moisturize it! (And it's not really pretty to see a girl with flakey or pealing dry skin on her face, talk about awkward; oh the horror!). Luckily, Pond's also has smaller cases of the day cream, which is perfectly travel-sized. I have one in my bag every day in school just in case I need a touch up.



Lastly: Bye-bye blemishes!


Top: (Erthromycin) Sansacne 4 Antibacterial Gel; Bottom: Contractubex Scar Gel


All's well when you have clean, soft skin. But what do I do when I have those ghastly unwanted pimples and scars? I treat them with these. My secret to having a pimple-free face is this piece of gold: Sansacne. Being blessed with a face that never experienced acne (and I'm so thankful for it), it doesn't mean I've never experienced having that retched, annoying, and super awkward pimple that seems to pop out on those important days I wished to be pimple-free. God knows I've had my days (due to stress and hormonal imbalance). But aside from using that ever-ready toothpaste to get rid of it (which is actually a big no-no since it darkens your pimples which may cause scarring), my mom lets me use Sansacne. It was recommended to her by her dermatologist over at Makati. What Dr. Cervantes recommended works like a charm indeed. Whenever I get those red spots (even just the slightest hint of having one to potentially pop out of your face), I grab this, squeeze a little bit out, and put it on the redness while rubbing it into my skin. After a couple of nights (depending on how bad the pimple is), it'll be gone just like that! No pimple popping required, as that also causes scarring.


Speaking of scarring...

After years and years of not getting into an accident that involved scraping my legs, knees and elbow like a little girl who fell of her bike, I encountered an accident a few months back. And when a few weeks passed, the wounds healed and left scars behind (oh, joy). Now I don't mind getting wounds and stuff, but the scars get really annoying, mainly because aside from getting a really expensive laser treatment, you can't seem to get rid of them fast enough! At least, I thought so, till I discovered Contractubex. Years ago, when I was still in grade school, I was such an active kid that I kept getting into situations where I'd scrape my knee. But instead of letting time heal the scars (literally, which will take for-ever), Mom would rub some Conractubex on it so it'd fade faster. And lo and behold, it works like a paint thinner on acrylic! I've been using it for a few weeks now, and my scars are fading faster than I thought they would if I didn't use it. Hopefully they'll be gone by the time May comes in for my birthday. Fortunately, both items are available over the counter in any local Mercury Drugstore outlet (here in the Philippines). Just make sure that you consult your dermatologist about these items first before trying them out for yourself (wouldn't want anything worse to happen now, would we?).



So there you have it! My secrets for Skin Care. I do hope it helps. If you have any questions, please do leave a comment below and I'll try to answer them as best as I can:)


   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. i've been eyeing that china blue lotion for months :)) great post sephie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shing! :D haha, you should get the whole set. It's totally worth it :) They have one in Cherry Blossom scent too, but personally the China Blue has a stronger scent :P

      Delete
  2. Great regimen. I try to keep up with mine but I often forget especially the one before sleeping when I'm dead tired.

    Wish & Wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know what you mean :) I'm guilty of my lazy nights too as much as I try mu best to not be lazy :P Thanks so much Adly! :D

      Delete
  3. Good day I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by
    error, while I was researching on Google for something else, Regardless I am here
    now and would just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and
    a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great b.



    my page Stem Cell Wrinkle Cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're welcome to visit my blog any time :D If you have any more questions, you can always email me :)

      Delete
  4. Right here is the perfect site for everyone who hopes to find out about
    this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that has been written about for years.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

    my blog post - http://optimalstacks.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I do a lot of readings and research about this whenever I have time. Most of these are also based on experience :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe