Casual Primary

12/27/2012 10:00:00 AM


Going back to the basics in this post. Christmas just passed and I have re-awakened my inner-child again, haha! And when I say back to basics, I mean back to  my Crayola days. :)


Reds: check!


Blues: check!


Yellows: check!




There's just something about the basic Primary colors that help make an outfit pop, don't you think? When I was a kid, I loved my Crayolas so much. I remember how I used to fawn over my brother's 64 Crayola box set that he got when he was in his late Grade School years (and I was in my early GS years). I used to borrow it from him and I'd read the names and try to understand the differences of each shade from one another. Imagine those cartoon scientists with the colorful testubes, analyzing each one of them, only, try to picture a little girl analyzing each crayola. =)) Who the hell knew what Periwinkle was? Or Canary? Or heck, Vermillion (I only knew the Pokemon city where Lt. Surge was the gym leader in)? Apparently, they're a shade of blue, yellow and red respectively.



SM GTW dress, Forever 21 socks, Keds shoes

Remember this dress of mine? Last time I wore it was in my White's Hot formal post. So here I styled it in a more casual feel (for school days and lunch dates). The peg for it? Madeline of course! Only, in a more Asian sense I guess, har har! :) I loved Madeline when I was a kid. If Peter Rabbit taught me the basics of Math, Madeline taught me the basics of French. Before there was Powerpuff Girls, there was Madeline in my life. I even had paper dolls of her since they didn't make rag dolls and other merchandise here! Settling for paper dolls (I'm seriously giving my future daughter some), I learned how to mix and match clothes to make other looks work. See~? Kids can learn these kinds of things early in their lives too! :P

Red Apple necklace, Next vest, SM Accessories belt and hat

It's official, I love hats more now. Maybe it's because I love mixing them up with some of my casual clothes. Or because I can actually wear them to school without getting weird stares from people. Or perhaps it's cause they help hide my ever growing roots (I should have them done soon unless I'm heading for the out-dated ombre route). Maybe all of the above. But the bottomline is that I love them! :D Kinda sad that SM Accessories has a fewer selection of bowler hats now (they're so in-demand that run out so fast!). And those really cute vintage looking ones with the tiny ribbon? I definitely wanna get me some of those! D:

Coil bangle from Jill, Glam Rock Manila satchel

Another one of Jill's gifts was this cute coil bangle! It coils around your wrist like a snake, only with three large beads as a design. Totally neat since I never owned anything like it, and I love it! :))) Thanks again Jill! ❤



New Years is somewhere down the road. I'm hoping I can stay up and watch the first sunrise of the year again (without any stress like schoolwork brings me on a regular basis), har har! :3


   ()()
  (.   .)o
c((')('))


N'oubliez pas de commenter! :D merci!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I just discover your blog on Chictopia and I really love it! You are adorable!
    Following you on GFC! It will be great if you check my blog.

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Lucy! :"D I checked out your blog, totally love it! :) Definitely following~ ❤

      Love,
      Sephie :D

      Delete
  2. OMG ♥ That outfit's perfect!!! I love your vest and satchel<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and btw, can I have a link of "Next"? If that's an online shop. Hihi hope you don't mind. Thankies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check them out here: http://www.facebook.com/nextjeansphilippines :) But I usually see them in SM Stores (dept. stores) so you can check them out there too! :D

      Delete
  4. Hi!
    I love the pops of color in this outfit. My fave pieces are the dress, hat, and bag!
    Great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue!

      Omg! They're my fave pieces too! :D

      Thanks so much! :3

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe