White's Hot: Fresh

11/03/2012 01:00:00 PM

(Photos by Kenny)

They say when opportunity knocks on your door, you have the option to answer it or not. And when opportunity knocked on my door a couple of weeks ago, I said, "Why not? It'll be fun either way!" Remember my first White's Hot post? Well, guess what? I'm fortunate enough to be included in the Top 10 Finalists! Whoo-hoo!! *happy dance*



When I got the call confirming my being included in the Top 10 Finalists, I was trying my best to sound professional without being too giddy that I'd start making a fool of myself over the phone! Hahaha! I couldn't stop grinning from ear-to-ear since I heard the news! I'm really just so happy for this blessing! Thank you Lord!!


As a finalist, we're tasked to write two more blog posts whose photos will be posted on the Official  Facebook Page of White's Hot Philippines and will be open for facebook voting on November 5, 2012 (Monday) till November 24, 2012 (Saturday). This is open for Facebook users residing in Metro Manila ages 18 and above. How does that work? You first have to like their Facebook page, then like the photo of the blogger whose look you like best. You can only vote once per day, though. So every vote counts!


This post is my take on the Casual look while wearing this really lovely white wrap by THE Rajo Laurel. Does his name sound familiar? Well, he's a well-renound Filipino fashion designer who's been in the business for almost 20 years now, garnering so many awards for his awesome designs that just scream Avante-Garde Fashion Couture! His designs were featured in America's Next Top Model, and he is also one of the judges in Project Runway Philippines. Awesome right? :D


I've mentioned before how much I'm into the Korean-Japanese style of fashion. And I have dedicated some posts on how I interpret countries flags into my clothes. And for this post, I'm going to dedicate it to my Korean readers for showing all your support and reading my blog! 난 너희들을 사랑! ❤



Don't you just love the wrap I'm wearing? It's super soft and flowy, I just loved twirling around in it! I wish you guys could touch the fabric and see for yourself how heavenly it is when you wear something this soft and flowy! 



Don't you just hate it when you look so haggard and tired, and feel so sticky after being exposed under the sun even for just a few minutes? I really hate that feeling, especially those times no matter how much you try to "freshen up" to look better, you still look and feel icky! This is why I love wearing white, notably on the days I know I'm going to be moving around so much. No matter how much you sweat and exert effort on what you need to do for the day, you still look so fresh!


Next Jeans

Notice how Koreans also keep that fresh look whenever you see them? All those live K-Pop performances where they keep dancing and singing, and no matter how much they sweat, they still manage to look so gosh darn fresh! Well I tried my best to channel my inner-Korean for this outfit of mine while posing under the morning sun. And boy, was it not easy!


When you say "wear something casual", I immediately know I'll be grabbing my favorite pair of shorts, a tank top, some booties (either flat ones or with heels), and some form of cover-up. It's like my go-to formula for an easy-going outfit. Unless the venue I'll be going to will require me to wear jeans, I'm mostly in shorts or skirts. Anything to show my legs to give me extra height. #petiteproblems

Yhansy necklaces, Baleno top

Some simple outfits call for eye-catching accessories. Otherwise, the look will be too bland and boring. So with these necklaces, I'm sure you'll be drawn to them sooner or later.

From Taft ring


Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk,  Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips, and Dear My Crystal Gloss

Since the wrap takes up most of my outfit, I decided to go for other color accents to give that right balance. Don't I look like a humanized Korean flag here with the Red, Blue and Black? Hahaha! I hope you guys like it!



Regardless of what happens in this competition, I'm just really happy to have been part of it. This blessing is really one for the books, and I can't express just how thankful I am to be part of it! The experience is really something new to me. I hope you guys support me in this! :D For more updates on this event, go the the Official Facebook page of White's Hot Philippines :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading! Your comments are greatly encouraged. I always love reading what you guys think. Please and thank you! :D

Subscribe